Our Spring Curb Appeal TipsMarch 21, 2023
Curb appeal is important for creating a positive first impression of your home, whether you’re trying to sell or simply want to make your home look more welcoming. A well-maintained and visually appealing property can make or break a decision for potential buyers, as a well-maintained exterior gives the impression that the property has been taken care of and is in good condition. As we enter the spring market, it is more important than ever to position your property above the rest, as more and more properties come on to the market and it becomes more competitive for sellers. This pivotal time between the winter holidays and summer vacations presents potential buyers and sellers that are often more focused on real estate transactions than any other time of the year. Here are some tips for refreshing your home’s curb appeal:
- Clean up your landscaping: Trim bushes, remove weeds, and add fresh mulch to flower beds. Consider adding some colorful plants to add interest and create a focal point.
- Paint your front door: A fresh coat of paint can go a long way in creating a welcoming entrance. Choose a color that complements your home’s exterior.
- Upgrade your hardware: Replace old and worn-out hardware such as your house numbers, mailbox, and door handles to give your home a fresh look.
- Add lighting: Install outdoor lighting to highlight your home’s best features and increase safety. Consider adding landscape lighting to showcase your landscaping.
- Power wash: Clean your home’s exterior, walkways, and driveway with a power washer to remove dirt, grime, and stains.
- Update your porch: Add a new doormat, porch furniture, and potted plants to create a welcoming space.
- Repair any damage: Fix any cracks in the sidewalk or driveway, replace broken or missing roof shingles, and repair any other visible damage to your home’s exterior.
The spring real estate market is a busy and competitive time, with many buyers and sellers looking to make a move, so make sure your home stands out amongst the rest. By following these tips, you can refresh your home’s curb appeal and create a positive first impression for your visitors and potential buyers.