Get Your Home Spring Market ReadyFebruary 24, 2023
Spring is almost here and you may be preparing for a spring cleaning session. While cozying up inside our homes all winter, we’re sure to have neglected the exterior of our homes and even some interior rooms. Nothing beats the feeling of walking into a freshly cleaned home, so don’t delay your spring cleaning! While the task may seem daunting, by spreading out your tasks over a few days or weeks, you can check off your full list before the warmer weather arrives. Below are 5 of our spring cleaning tips:
- Fingerprints on your stainless steel? To clean grimy stainless steel, mix 1 tsp. dish detergent & 1 quart hot tap water. Rub the detergent solution onto the marks with a cloth, going with the grain. Rinse with hot water only and dry with a clean cloth.
- Wrinkled and/or dusty linens? Toss drapes, curtains, and even throw pillows in the dryer for 15 minutes on the “air-only” cycle and rehang immediately to de-wrinkle.
- Smelly sink? Try running a couple of lemon rind slivers through your garbage disposal and follow with cold water to dispel the smell.
- Dusty Ceilings? Use an extendable duster for ceiling fans, lights, moldings & more.
- Dingy Grout? Spray the grout with bathroom cleaner and let it set for several minutes, then scrub with a stiff brush and rinse.
This is also a great time of year to tackle any cosmetic changes or renovations that you’ve been putting off. Whether to prep your home for sale in the spring market or to make it just that much more of your dream home, even the smallest changes can make a big difference.
- Refresh your paint. Paint is such an inexpensive way to change the entire look and feel of a room or your home’s exterior!
- Power wash your patio. With the harshness of the winter months, your patio is in need of a deep clean, and so is your patio furniture! Give them all a deep clean with a power washer so they’re ready to use on the very first warm day.
- Consider upgrading your hardware. Changing out outdated hardware is a quick way to upgrade the look and feel of your space.
- Declutter that storage space. We all have that one space in our homes that has become the catch-all for things that don’t have a place. Now is a great time to declutter your storage spaces to make them more functional and less of an eyesore.
If you’re planning on moving this year, list your home ahead of the spring market rush. Inventory of good homes in the area is still at a record low and there is an abundance of buyers looking for homes. Work with a seasoned agent at the Mottola Group for an exceptional experience in any price range of home. We can help you prepare your home quickly and provide you with an exceptional home sale experience. We’ll help you make the most of your sale this season. Reach out today to get started!